- Ragging is a crime.
- Do not tolerate Ragging.Report at once to the authorities for taking strict action.
- Strong legal action will be taken against the guilty by the Principal of the College, Registrar of the University and the Police.
Administration action in the event of ragging:
According To UGC Guidelines the University/ Institution can take on student and punish if found guilty of ragging after following the procedure and in the manner prescribed herein under:
- The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging, and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
- The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging Squad, awards, to those found guilty one or more of the following punishments, namely;
- Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
- Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding result.
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Cancellation of admission
- Restigation from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for a specified period provided that where the persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment.